Kodi is a free and open source media streaming application software. It can be used for streaming media contents such as Movies, TV Shows, Music, Sports, and much more. Kodi also supports multiple operating systems such as Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. It contains a lot of add-ons, skins, and builds.
Also see: how to stream movies with firestick
In Kodi, you can organize all of your media files like movies, TV show episodes, music videos, and other videos, music collection and all through this one system. It will find information about all your files like their date of release, starring actors, episode summaries, or cover art as well as displays all of this information in an attractive format.
One of the major advantage of using Kodi is that it is very easy to control using a remote or using an app on your phone. You can run Kodi on your television and then select a new movie or change the volume. In Kodi, you can organize the files that you already own and also you can install add-ons for Kodi which let you stream movies over the Internet for free. On the below section, we will show you how to stream movies with Kodi.
How to Stream Movies with Kodi?
Once you can add all of your files to your library, you can start watching your movies. The interesting fact about Kodi is that it’s designed to be used from a distance as well as up close. It can be easily controlled by a game pad or remote as well as using keyboard and mouse which means that it’s perfect for watching movies on your TV while you sit on your couch in comfort.
- First, you have to open your Kodi app on your PC or Laptop.
- From the Kodi Homepage, you can click on the “Movies”.
- Now, you can see a list of your movies with the title and year of each movie in the middle, a synopsis of the movie on the left, and the poster of the movie on the right. If you want to change how your movies are displayed, you can press the “left arrow” and then change the “View type” from “List” to another of the options. In that, the Poster and Wall options are really very nice.
- Now you can click on the Title or Poster of any movie and it will start playing in Kodi.
- Suppose, if you can’t see your movie in the library, you need to do two things: Try to restart your Kodi app which will force the library to update. After that, all of the videos in your added folders should appear in your movies library.
Make sure that your folders have the “This directory contains” setting set to Movies. Check this by going to “Files” and then right click on the name of your movies folder and then select “Edit source”. Now, you can click “OK” to confirm the location and then you can change the “This directory contains” setting.